Follow us on Facebook
Register

Angry Exactly why I work on my own cars...

So I decided to get my alarm installed at a local shop. I usually do ALL my own work on my cars but since I dont have the time and dont have the patience to figure out all the wiring I decided to take it to a local shop. I went back and forth between places like BestBuy or the local corner car audio shop and decided to go with the local car audio shop. They gave me a good deal and assured me they would do a clean job. So I drop the car off and they tell me 1-2 hours.

3.5 hours later I call and they say 45 more minutes. 1.5 hours after that and they say 10 more minutes so I decide to head down there. I show up and hear my car started around the back of the shop and then hear it reving probably 6k+ and hitting the rev limiter. I am sure they were doing burnouts out back in the alley way and fucking around with my car. I run out back to try to catch them but they were already down the street. I went into the shop and long story short I told the owner I cannot have him driving like that. The kid pulls up in my car with a smile on his face and hands me the keys and says sorry.

Long story short again I exchange some profanity with the guy and assured him he should have the kid fired and I was borderline going to press charges. My car still smells like clutch 24 hours later.

Luckily the guy who worked on my car did a great job. He did some extra steps such as cleaning up my stereo wiring, hooking up a new high dollar fuse to my stereo, adding on a trunk release to my alarm and remote, and letting me know I could bring my car back for him to do a few more favors for free. The did lower the price slightly but definitely were not professional about the whole situation.

At this point I am just sending out bad reviews of their shop.

Just wanted to let you guys know to be careful of these local shops out there.

06-981

damn thats bullshit! Id be so pissed.

dude that is messed up. you should take some legal action against them. they shouldnt be doing that.

dude thats f'ed up. I would be pissed. There are a lot of shity shops out there.

yea I tried to find all the review sites, yelp, google, citysearch, etc. and wrote bad reviews. what amazes me is that they actually had some good reviews on some dumb audio installs.

06-981

It amazes me that there are people out there like that.

A friend of mine had a similar experience at a dealership. Was coming back to pick the car up and saw a technician driving aggressively down the street..

Back in high school I used to work at a dealership as a detailer. I remember getting some cool customer cars in from time to time and it was always very tempting to make sure the throttle was working to the full potential. That said, I had more respect than that and never did, but I can imagine other people do not, thus I always stay at the shop when people work on my car.

I always worry they'll either think it's so cool they have to screw around in it or they don't think it's cool and treat it like any other car with their muddy feet and greasy hands!

Current 'Stang:
    2001 Mustang Cobra Vert - 468RWHP - Vortech S/C - [Click to see pics and details]
    Past 'Stangs
    1996 Mustang GT Coupe - Powerdyne Supercharged (Avoid Powerdyne)
    2000 Mustang V6 Coupe - Stock

FUELED BY ADRENALINE!!!

I saw this article the other day of a camaro getting abused by the dealer. I should of had some video recorder in my car.

Dealership in Camaro-thrashing story buys back car from satisfied owner | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

06-981