Follow us on Facebook
Register

Default Hot sun on the paint

My Mustangs sits out in the hot 80-90 degree sun a majority of the day. Any suggestions on how to protect the paint and trim? I dont want anything to fade.

06-981

hmmm. I guess just making sure you have a solid coat of wax at all times. I hate it when plastic trim and rubber seals start to fade and crack

Someone said they used Baby Shampoo on plastic trim and it makes it last longer. not sure if thats true or not

car cover? wal mart carries universal fits. i bought one that fit my 52 caddilac. im sure one will fit your mustang.

i know what u mean. I would say just make sure it is always clean with a nice coat of wax like Jack said ^. Or find a shady spot.

Seems to be cooling off a bit. I bought a complete detailing kit so I will be spending a few hours this weekend on that.

06-981

Just got some Mothers clay bar, mothers fx tire shine, aluminum polish, meguiars paint cleaner and polish, and meguiars wax. the winter coming up should keep the paint cool but im looking for another DD for now

06-981

yeah u have to be careful and make sure you always have a nice coat of wax on. Your clear coat will start to fade/deteriorate after awhile and thats no good.

Anyone here who can give some comparison between adams and mothers cleaners?

Mine is also exposed under the sun. A coat of wax really helps.