Follow us on Facebook
Register

Default Needed Info on LT Headers for a 2006 Mustang GT

When it comes to Long Tube headers there are MANY MANY options. Like which coatings to get, what brand and between the two sizes.

Can anybody clear this up for me?

Which Coating is the Best?

Stainless Steel right? How does Ceramic Compare? Any others that are better then Ceramic?

I plan to go with 1 in and 5/8ths Kooks stainless steel LT's + H pipe, bu $1360 is alot to me since i am only 20 years old and i pay for this car/anything i want to do to it.

I love the sound of MAC LT Headers + O/R Prochamber.. Will those sound good with Flowmaster American Thunders?

I am looking for a quality setup that i will NOT need to replace 4 years down the line... One that will sound great and give me a good bump in horsepower.

What does everybody recommend?

I am anxious to see what you all say, and any input is going to help.

Are LT Headers + midpipe even worth the price.. Meaning sound is better and actually get good power you can feel?

Thanks in advanced guys!

i love my BBK ceramic LT headers...perfect fit and inexpensive

I recently went with kooks long tube headers and kooks X-pipe with high flow cats. I have the magnapack catback and the combination sounds great. As far as power gains, I dyno'd 392 rwhp before the exhaust upgrade. With a brenspeed 93 octane tune and the new exhaust system i dyno'd 425 rwhp/402 rwtq. So I gained 33 rwhp from the upgrade, which is a typical gain in power for a supercharged 4.6 liter. I hear that naturally aspirated gains are more modest, like around 15 rwhp.

Unless you don't mind a check-engine light, save yourself a big headache, pony up $$, and go with Kooks. Kooks locates the O2 sensors a lot closer to the engine than anybody else and they're not susceptible to check engine lights because of that.

That's not to say you're doomed to check-engine-light with other LT's. With other LT's, some are able to fix it and some are not. I'm still fighting mine - with about 65% confidence level that I'll eventually get it resolved

make sure you get STAINLESS STEEL headers, or you will cry after they rust out and you have to reinstall them. I have bassani's and I love them. KOOKS are the shit also. Those are the 2 I always recommend.

JBAs are also good quality and cheaper than Kooks or ARH

Stainless Steel is more ductile than ceramic.