Follow us on Facebook
Register

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Jump to Comments

2011 Ford Mustang V6 to pace NASCAR race at Bristol

6 Comments by admin Published on 03-17-2010 04:13 PM

Historically, pace cars have been limited to the highest performing models of each brand. That's about to change this weekend when the new 2011 Ford Mustang V6 will serve as the pace car for NASCAR's Food Land 500 at Bristol International Speedway. This will be the second time a Mustang has paced a NASCAR race this year after the new 5.0-liter Mustang GT led the pack at the Daytona 500 in February.

Despite being the least powerful Mustang available for 2011, the V6 model will be more than capable of carrying out its duties thank to its new 3.7-liter engine and six-speed transmission. With 305 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque, it should have no trouble setting the pace on Bristol's half mile oval. The budget pony car will undoubtedly be one of the most efficient pace cars in history as well, with the V6 officially rated at a record 31 mpg on the highway. You can see the new 2011 Mustang V6 pace car in action by tuning into Fox this Sunday at 1:00 pm EST.

2011 Ford Mustang V6 to pace NASCAR race at Bristol — Autoblog

2. Total Comments 6

Comments

looks pretty cool. I like those wheels. But why the V6 and not the new 5.0???

06-981

I'm not sure either David? Maybe to get people a little more excited about the V6?

Regardless nice lookin' car!

2006 S-281SC #1244
    Some mods...

Probably advertising... this car is such a good thing (powerful enough to have a decent Sunday drive, efficient enough to take you to work Monday through Friday) that it needs publicity. But with such vast improvements over the 2010 they're going to have to hold off on major adds until they get rid of enough of last year's model
    Some day... a gutted APR widebody S197 with a sc'd 5.0L engine. For now, I'm trying to avoid swerving into oncoming traffic just to get rid of my Saturn.

the 2011 V6 is 1/2 the new orders.. I have Kona Blue order in for my son and should be here in April

www.badponyclub.com
    Where it's good to be Bad

You're buying your son a mustang???? Want another son? eh eh? Adopt me! hahaha

2006 S-281SC #1244
    Some mods...

oh no.. it will be in my name...lol...but he is working 3 jobs to pay for it.. I'm just the repo guy

www.badponyclub.com
    Where it's good to be Bad